Thursday, September 16, 2010

How many Hours are there in a day?

Sometimes I think that I can create extra hours in the day.
But with a toddler, everything either takes twice as long, or runs backwards.
We have accomplished potty training, and this is major for us. I guess that I forgot that this would mean sitting in the bathroom across from my toddler reading countless books and encouraging poop. This takes a long time.
Then there is going to the pool. Change of clothes. Toddlers try to do this with out help. Carrying bags. How strong is this little person anyway! Eating. Well...that takes so long that by the time we finish a meal its time for the next - or a snack at least. Chores. I need a set of chores for my toddler, and she wants to help so I must be patient and excited about this. Bath time. At least until we prune! Playdates. We can say good bye 100 times, and clean up takes an hour at least. And about Mommy time. That is limited to when little busy body is napping, or the in between minutes of independent play. How we make it to the library, play ground, grocery store, and lunch dates is beyond me. But if you see us there, know that it took a lot of effort for both of us :)
It is always fun, and there is always a story to tell at the end of the day---- which has how many hours?
I count at least 36 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment